- Great waves, moderately challenging, sometimes strong currents.
Water temperature perfect (no wetsuit needed), weather usually
- Not really suitable for beginners - no beach breaks anywhere,
all reef breaks.
- Surfing season is March to October - biggest waves in June/July/August.
But surfable waves in the off season - just much smaller.
- Choose from island lifestyle or surf boat
- Two main island resorts for surfers - Lohifushi (now called Huduran
Fushi) Island Resort or Pasta Point (Tari Village) in the Maldivian
- Can surf in the Southern
Atoll of the Maldives also - takes two days to get there by boat
from airport, or 1 hour to fly.
to Dubai - only a 4 hour flight from Dubai to Male airport
(capital of the Maldives) - a bit longer if you have a stop in
Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- See travel
section in forum for more Maldives surfing discussion and
- See photo archive for
photos from previous trips to the Maldives.
Previous SODs Surf Trips to the Maldives (usually Lohifushi)
Lohifushi Island Surf Resort (or Lohifushi Surf Resort)
- Well, all good things must come to an end. It was a good value
for money kind of deal but they closed down for renovations late
2005 or early 2006 and will reopen as a more expensive more luxurious
4 star surf resort in Dec 2006. Not the place for bargain hunters
anymore but maybe there'll still be some reasonable package deals.
- The renamed Huduran Fushi Island Resort is scheduled to open
Dec 2006. The Surf Travel Co is doing surf packages to Huduran
Fushi which include bed, food, alcohol (yes, you read that right!).
This according to advertisement in Tracks magazine, didn't see
boat trips included.
Copyright © Surfers of Dubai 2000-2009. All rights reserved. Last updated
15 June, 2009. Disclaimer.